HR Shared Service Advisor
What's the role?
We’re looking for a proactive, driven, efficient and innovative individual to join out HR Shared Services team based in Trafford Park, Manchester, Great Britain.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 28,000 people in more than 120 countries, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth as you learn, grow and carve-out your career.
What does the role involve?
As an HR Shared Service Advisor, you’ll be part of a team providing first class customer service to the business, being first point contact for all HR related queries, via phone, email and in person. As well as providing advice and support to team members and team leaders on HR policies, procedures and benefits, you’ll be responsible for the onboarding process, coordination of training, managing employment contracts. Maintaining the SAP HR database and providing people data and reports to other functions. You will also work in cooperation with the Northern Europe HUB and be the contact person to our outsourced payroll.
This is a fast paced, busy role and a fantastic opportunity for anybody looking for a strong foundation to a career in HR. We’re a small team which would give you exposure to a broad range of HR generalist topics and projects. Having introduced the Lean concept into HR in 2016, we are committed to continuous improvement and in addition to the day to day responsibilities there are many projects for you to get involved in working cross functionally and internationally.
The induction period will be organized so that during the first month you will be trained in Manchester and after that you are going to have one-month introduction period in Finland (in Espoo). After that you will be permanently relocated in Manchester, GB. Relocation support will be provided by the Company.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role. We will provide you with comprehensive, on the job training and excellent benefits.
We’ll give you lots of responsibility and accountability from day one and trust you to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results. Go the extra mile and we’ll reward you with unrivalled training, development and career opportunities as soon as you’re ready for the next challenge.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, knowledge and experience within the team. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- M.Sc. Finance, accounting, labour law etc.
- Fluent in Finnish and English. Swedish language skills are seen as a benefit.
- Proven experience working in an administrative, business or HR focused role
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, ideally with experience working within a proactive and customer service focused environment
- Excellent prioritisation and organisational skills and outstanding attention to detail with ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong IT skills in MS-Office, especially in Excel. Expertise in Sharepoint and SAP would be advantageous
- Commitment, courage and competitive drive and a thirst to learn and challenge yourself
- Knowledge or experience in Finnish payroll matters is considered as an advantage
Tempted to apply or find out more? Go to careers.hilti.fi and apply now.
Saana Wright, Human Resources
“There’s a real family spirit and you can literally knock on any director’s door at any time. Also your line manager will work very hard to help you develop your skills, both professionally and personally.”